The Ipswich Assessors site gives a date of 1860 for this house. No house appears in the 1832 or 1856 maps. The 1872 Ipswich map and the 1884 map show a house at this location owned by “W. Smith.” In the 1910 map, the owner is J. A. Smith. The present house is clearly shown in the 1893 Ipswich Birdseye map.