Samuel P. Rutherford built the house shortly after purchasing the lot in 1860. Rutherford’s widow sold to Wm. F. Rutherford in 1899. He sold to Fred W. Turner in 1900. Turner sold to Joseph Martel in 1906. In 1906 the High St. bridge was constructed which isolated this section of High St. from the rest of the roadway.
- MACRIS, Anne Grady for the Ipswich Historical Commission
- T.F. Waters, Ipswich Village and the Old Rowley Road