Joseph King bought a lot near Avery St. in 1856 (585:122) and built a brick house. The house was moved to its present location when the High Street bridge was built in 1906.
The King House is anachronistic, displaying several characteristics of the Federal style. These include the square floor plan with two rooms on each side of a central hall, the Flemish bond of the brickwork, and a frontispiece with fan and sidelights which has been removed. At one time wooden pilasters defined the corners of the house, but only the capitals remain today. Rowlock arches – a 19th century masonry feature – curve over the first floor windows.