Although this house has a late Federal appearance, it was built about 1844. The simple exterior is enlivened by later Victorian additions, including two door hoods with elaborate scroll brackets decorated with incised floral motifs and sunbursts. Thomas Brown is the first known owner of the house (shown in a map dated 1856).
Thomas Brown and his wife Elizabeth are buried at the South Cemetery. The Brown family owned this property until the turn-of-the-century.