George Lord followed his father Nathaniel Lord as Register of Deeds in the County office that is now the Odd Fellows building, and built this house in 1857.
Today’s favorite posts
- The Great Dying 1616-1619, "By God’s visitation, a wonderful plague"
- Native Americans of the North shore
- 18 Hammatt Street, the Ipswich gas generator building (1877-2018)
- Resources for local Native American history and dialects
- Norman Rockwell Depicted an Idealized Version of American Thanksgiving
- Painting your historic house, a guide to colors and color schemes
- Who Were the Agawam Indians, Really?
- Settlers and early inhabitants of Ipswich
- Historic homes and scenic landscapes
- The "Hum"