In 1856, Mary Lord Baker, widow of Stephen W. Baker transferred “1 1/2 acres including this lot to Mary Philbrook. (Salem Deeds book 511; page 187). The Philbrook family constructed a house on the property, probably the house at 19 Mineral Street. The 1872 and 1884 Ipswich maps show one house on the lot, owned by “J. J. Philbrook.”
In 1886, J. J. Philbrook et. ux. sold to Edward H. Baxter, in consideration of $3000, “a certain parcel of land situate on Mineral St. with two houses thereon” bounded by land of Josiah Lord, Frank H. Lord and the Eastern Railroad (Salem Deeds book 1183, p 267). It appears that Philbrook built the house at 17 Mineral Street between 1884 and 1886 and then sold both houses to Baxter.