William Warner Jr. sold a four-acre lot at what was then known as Bush Hill Corner (the newly constructed Mill Road and the road to Topsfield) to Samuel Spiller, who built a small house there in which he lived for about thirty years. In 1870, Spiller’s house and land were bought by Eugene Sullivan, who within 10 years had purchased over 70 acres of farm land extending from his house at Mill Road to the Ipswich River. The American “Four Square” was an affordable post-Victorian style house that was popular from the 1890s to the late 1930s.
Read: Sullivan’s Corner: The Last Years of the Farm by Tom Clasby
Samuel Sullivan’s daughter’s daughters Kate and Nellie Sullivan were teachers in the Ipswich schools.