The Agawam Diner on Rt. 1 in Rowley was built by the Fodero Dining Car Company in 1954. An earlier Agawam Diner was opened by the Galanis Family at Depot Square in Ipswich in 1940, and was replaced by a larger diner in 1947, and then by the current one in 1954.
The diner was moved from Depot Square in 1967 to Peabody and then to its current location on Rt. 1 in Rowley, The Agawam Diner is still operated as a family business, and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Shown below are photos of three successive diners that were on Market Street at Depot Square in Ipswich, across from the present Institution for Savings. Although this location is now a parking lot, the mill building in the background still stands, owned by EBSCO, and the 1847 Lord-Sullivan house and the Victorian Bailey house on the left in the photo are still standing as well. Read the complete story of the Agawam Diner.
Further reading: Diner Hotline