Ipswich Arts and Illumination is the Town’s annual performing and visual arts festival, brought to you by the Ipswich Cultural Council. Parts of the river will be illuminated Friday and Saturday nights.
Friday, October 4, 2019: Art, Poetry, Dance and Music
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. — The 33rd Annual Ipswich Art Show and Sale Opening Reception by the Ipswich Cultural Council at Town Hall, 25 Green St. with jazz by Tom Palance, Mark Earley & Friends
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. — Verse/Visual by Ipswich Poetry Group to include photography and poetry opening reception at Gathr, 42 Market St. http://www.versevisual.com/
- 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. Illumination of the River
- 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. — Air Meets Water dance rehearsal the Green Street bridge.
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. — E Pluribus Unum on the Ipswich River, Water Street Saunter 7:30 p.m. to 10 p.m., Iron Maiden Main Stage, Ipswich Town Wharf
Saturday, October 5: Illumination Celebration, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Noon to 9 p.m. — The 33rd Annual Art Show and Sale at Town Hall, 25 Green St.
- 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. — Hall Haskell Photography Show – Retrospective of 10th Anniversary of Illuminated from various photographers in the community, 36 South Main St.
- 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. — Verse/Visual at Gathr, 42 Market St. with events
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. — Jessie’s Wish Candles at County and Elm streets.
- 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. — Food and beverages, at the Riverwalk, at the County Street bridge
- Enjoy flickering bonfires on the Ipswich River as well as art installations, live music, food and drink. Events wind through Ipswich along the river between EBSCO and Town Hall.
- 6 pm -9 pm: Bonfires on the River. Illumination along the river including:
The Shadow Shack, Laser Tunnel, Jessie’s Wish Lanterns.
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. — Music and events throughout the evening and along the path from the Riverwalk to the Green Street bridge.
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. — The Ipswich Community Band Pops Concert by the Riverwalk
- 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. — Kate Barry and the Nouveau Groove also at the Riverwalk
- 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. — The band, Bottles & Cans, at the Ascension Memorial Church lawn, 31 County St.
- 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. — Musician Orville Giddings, solo, at Sawmill Point, across from Ascension Memorial Church, 31 County St.
- 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. — The band, Labor in Vain, at Sawmill Point, across from Ascension Memorial Church, 31 County St.
- 7:30 p.m. Air Meets Water III by the Ipswich Moving Company. Dancers perform suspended from the Green Street bridge.
Sunday, October 6: Art and music
- Noon to 3 p.m., Sunday brunch at Town Hall, 25 Green St.
- Noon to 3 p.m. Art Show and Sale continues at Town Hall, 25 Green St.
- Music by Plum Island Railroad with complimentary coffee and bagels