Featured image: The Thomas Lord house on High Street in Ipswich.
Robert Lord arrived with the first settlers of Ipswich in late 1634 or early 1635, probably from Sudbury, Suffolk, England, where he was born in 1603. Soon after his arrival, Robert Lord was appointed Ipswich Town Clerk and Clerk of the Court of Ipswich and held those posts until his death in 1683.
Robert Lord married Mary Waite/ on 11 Nov., 1630 at Finchingfield, Essex, England. They arrived in Ipswich with four children and had five more children here. The following list is provided by Bruce Lord:
- Thomas Lord : Birth: 1633. Death: 4 Jun. 1713 in Charlestown, Suffolk, Ma
- Robert Jr Lord : Birth: 1634 in England. Death: 11 Nov. 1696 in Ipswich, Essex, Ma
- Samuel Lord : Birth: 1640 in Ipswich, Essex, MA. Death: 27 May 1696 in Charlestown, Suffolk, Ma
- Abigail Lord : Birth: 1646. Death: 4 Jun. 1729
- Sarah Lord : Birth: 1647. Death: in Ma
- Susannah Lord : Birth: Abt. 1650 in Ipswich, Essex, MA. Death: Jan. 1726 27 in Berkley Co, SC
- Nathaniel Lord : Birth: Abt. 1653 in Ipswich, Essex, MA. Death: 18 Jan. 1732 33 in Ipswich, Essex, MA
- Hannah Lord : Death: 16 Nov. 1728 in Ipswich, Ma
- Mary Lord : Death: 3 Oct. 1676 in Newbury, Essex, Ma