The Ipswich Public Safety Property Re-Use Working Group has been meeting this year to provide community leaders and Ipswich residents with a variety of potential uses for the existing Police Station building and parcel located at 15 Elm Street and Fire Station building and parcel located at 55 Central Street, now that the Town voted to support the construction of a new combined Public Safety Building on Pineswamp Road.
Goal: Develop the best potential uses for the existing Police and Fire Station buildings and parcels to be presented to the Select Board prior to the 2023 Annual Town Meeting.
Public Safety Properties Survey results
The Public Safety Property Reuse Working Group conducted a survey from July 9 to August 5, 2022, and over 350 people responded. Click this link to view the results.
Request for Statements of Interest
If you or your organization or department are interested in submitting a proposal for future use of either the present Ipswich Fire Station building or the Police Station building, please click here to download a Statement of Interest form. The Task Force will begin reviewing proposals beginning Nov. 15, and the deadline for submission is January 30, 2022.
Downloads and links:
- Public Safety Properties survey results
- Statement of Interest form
- Public Safety Property Re-Use Working Group page on the Ipswich town site
- Contact the Public Safety Properties Re-Use Working Group at BuildReuse@ipswichma.gov
- Email the Chair of the Public Safety Properties Re-use Working Group
- Send mail to: Gordon Harris, chair, Ipswich Town Hall, 25 Green St., Ipswich MA 01938