23 Mineral Street, the Lydia and Joseph Lord house (1871)

23 Mineral Street

23 Mineral Street

The 1872 Ipswich map shows a house at this location owned by Andrew Geyer. Geyer purchased the lot in 1871 and in 1873 sold the lot with a house on it to Lydia and Josiah Lord. Deed book 883, page 288.

Geyer, who may have been a builder or developer, also built the house on the adjoining lot at 92 Central St. and sold it two years later to Abbie G. Lord.

The house at 23 Mineral Street appears in the 1893 Ipswich Birdseye map. In the 1884 map the owner is J. Lord. In the 1910 map, the owner is C. F. Chapman.