The 1910 Ipswich map shows the owner of properties along Labor in Vain Road as Isaac. F. Foss, who also owned the house at 63 Turkey Shore Road. The extensive Foss estate was sold in parcels in 1921. This house appears to be a mix of Tudor and Richardson Romanesque styles.
Today’s favorite posts
- Painting your historic house, a guide to colors and color schemes
- The Great Dying 1616-1619, "By God’s visitation, a wonderful plague"
- Prominent Members of the early Ipswich bar
- The "Hum"
- Historic homes and scenic landscapes
- Native Americans of the North shore
- Resources for local Native American history and dialects
- Ipswich, the Brookfield Massacre and King Philip's War
- 83 High Street, the Isaac Lord house, 1696-1806
- Settlers and early inhabitants of Ipswich