The house at 32 Washington St. was built about 1865 and by 1872 was owned by Frederick Bray, a veteran of the Civil War, who is buried at the Old South Cemetery. By 1884 it was owned by Daniel P. and Sarah Nourse. Nourse died by 1888 and the house was sold. By 1916 it was occupied by Dennis and Nora Monahan. Dennis is listed in town directories as a mason.