This building was constructed as a heel factory before 1888 by Jonathan Crowell Fox in partnership with Amos Everett Jewett and Alfred Richardson Jewett. This is apparently the largest building constructed for the purpose of making shoe parts in Ipswich Village, although there were many smaller shops in the area in the 19th century. By 1910, the factory had gone out of business.
- 1888 Directory
- 1910 atlas