This house was built between 1884 and 1902 and was probably one of several in the area built by the Brown family. Prior to construction of the house, land on which it stands was part of a much larger parcel belonging to George B. Brown. Brown operated a large hay & grain business nearby at Brown Square and lived on Liberty Street.
In 1916 this house was occupied by Charles (& Mary) Grossman and Denis (& Maggie) Doucette. Grossman is listed in town directories as a teamster and Doucette as a carpenter
In 1924 the house was occupied by William Cewke, a mill operative.