This house was built by 1884 by George V. Brown, one of several houses he built on a large parcel. Brown operated a large hay & grain business nearby at Brown Square and lived on Liberty Street.
In 1916 this house was occupied by Charles (& Mary) Grossman and Denis (& Maggie) Doucette. Grossman is listed in town directories as a teamster and Doucette as a carpenter. In 1924 the house was occupied by William Cewke, a mill operative.