One of three “Country Federal” houses in Linebrook this house exhibits the five-bay wide, one-room-deep plan, and two rear chimneys which are characteristic of the style. On the exterior, there is a simple Greek Revival frontispiece. A kitchen fireplace in the cellar, and a fireplace in the right-hand room with oven with cast iron door are original features which survive. This land was settled by Fosters in the mid 17th century and remained in the family until the late 19th century, when it became part of the extensive David Tullar Perley property, adjacent. Thomas Foster, owner in the early 19th century, was a shoemaker. As a Baptist, he was a leader in the campaign to gain half-time use of the Linebrook Church for the many Baptists in the area. The campaign was successful in 1817, but the arrangement only lasted five years.