This or an adjoining lot was transferred from Elizabeth D. lord, widow of John Lord Jr. shipmaster, who died intestate, and as guardian of their minor children by public auction to Nathaniel Caldwell, December 10, 1861. Deed book and pages 631-174, 175, 176. $258 was paid by Nathaniel Caldwell for half an acre with a dwelling house and other buildings thereon bordered northerly by High St., easterly by other lands of Nathaniel Caldwell, southerly by land of Luther Lord. and westerly by Mary Brown, being part of the real estate of the late John Lord, on September 1860,
The court awarded the property to Nathaniel Caldwell by public auction.for $516.00. December 20, 1861. Deed 631-177. Nathaniel Caldwell transferred to Joseph N. Caldwell half an acre with buildings on December 17, 1861.
The 1856 map shows that J. N. Caldwell and John Lord were neighbors.
The 1872 map shows an empty lot between the lots of J N. Caldwell and N. Caldwell.