The house at 395 Linebrook Road was owned by the Guilford family until 1962. Alvin T. Guilford, who lived here throughout the second half of the 19th century, was a farmer and shoemaker. The house displays the story-and-one-third configuration which prevailed in houses built in Linebrook in the first half of the 19th century. The interior exhibits a simple, delicately-proportioned stair balustrade, wide board dado, and plain Greek Revival window and door trim in the left-hand room. According to an owner in the 1980’s, the frame is made completely of walnut.A previous owner’s contention that the house was built in 1810 can not be ruled out from existing physical evidence but the building is not shown on the 1832 map.