Ebenezer Russell sold a lot forty feet front, 12 square rods (bounded on the western corner by Annable’s Lane and by lots belonging to Manning Dodge and Russell to Charles C. Cotton) Feb. 27, 1840, (320: 79). Cotton built a double house, and sold half of the house with a partition running through it, and half of a barn to Foster Russell and Daniel P. Nourse, Feb. 1841 (329: 202, 203), bounded by Manning Dodge and Daniel Glazier and Summer Street. Cotton retained half of the house. On the Ipswich maps this house is shown belonging to Cotton and Nourse until 1884, after which the Nourse family owned it completely.
- The 1832 Ipswich map shows no houses on this side of Upper Summer Street
- The 1856 Ipswich map shows the owners of this house as “Nourse and Cotton.”
- The 1872 Ipswich map shows the house owned by “C. Cotton” and “D. Nourse.”
- The 1884 Ipswich map shows the owner of this house as J. P. Nourse
- The house shows in the 1893 Ipswich Birdseye Map
- The 1910 Ipswich map shows this house belonging to S. S. Nourse