4 Mount Pleasant Ave., the William Hayes building, c 1890
The house at 4 Mount Pleasant Ave. was originally the William Mayes apartments and boarding house at the corner of Central and Hammatt Streets. After it was moved, that became the location of Conley’s Drug Store. The photo above shows the house now, facing Mount Pleasant St.
The photo above shows the house being moved around 1950 down Hammatt Street, then right on Washington Street to this location at 30 Mount Pleasant.
Additions and alterations to the building make it difficult to recognize. The image above is a screenshot from the 1893 Ipswich Birdseye map. The 1910 Ipswich map shows the configuration of the building, including the two bay extensions on either side of the front of the house.