This house was built between 1884 and 1902. The earliest owner to be identified is G. Baxter, who owned the property by 1910. Baxter sold the house by 1916. By 1916 Frank and Ada Campbell were its owners. Frank Campbell is listed in town directories as a driver.
The “high posted Cape” at 5 Maple Ave. features chamfered posts, brackets, and spindle friezes. Fenestration is symmetrical, with window openings containing modern 1 /1 sash and original 2/2 sash,
- IPS.322, Baxter, G. – Campbell Frank House, 5 Maple Ave, 1890.
The houses at #3 and #5 Newmarch Street in Ipswich are almost identical in construction to this one, also built between 1870 and 1890. The main block of each house is approximately 32′ wide x 16′ deep. These houses were constructed before the era of kit houses in the first half of the 20th Century. The names of the builders are unknown.