56 N. Main St., the Dodge and Spiller Grocery (c 1850)

This house was built between publication of the 1832 and 1856 Ipswich maps. In 1854, Manning K. Dodge, who owned several lots at this end of North Main Street, sold the house to Richard K. Dodge. For several decades it was the location of the Dodge and Spiller grocery store.

56 North Main St., Ipswich

56 North Main St., Ipswich

Dodge Grocery North Main Street Ipswich

The Dodge and Spiller grocery circa 1900, at what was then 62 North Main St.

Advertisement for Dodge and Spiller Grocery, Ipswich MA