The land on which this house sits was originally granted to Nathaniel Rogers and Thomas Low. George W. Heard sold an acre and a half to Levi Brown, who had bought a half acre from his father, March 21, 1832. He built a dwelling and other buildings. He quitclaimed to his brother, Francis, who sold to Henry S. Holmes, 2 acres and buildings, March 9, 1842 (330: IS), Holmes to Willard B. Kinsman, April 1, 1851 (456: 112), who enlarged the house on the front. That section was moved around 1950 to 74 Essex Rd.