This is a story-and-one-third cottage with elements of the Federal style. Federal features include the narrow doorway with plain frieze and cap, the narrow corner boards and lack of eave overhang. The Federal trim and substantial chimneys identify this house as perhaps the earliest of the many story-and-one-third 19th century cottages which survive in the Linebrook area. The builder could have been one of three men named Daniel Haskell.
- Daniel Haskell was a veteran of the French and Indian Wars.
- Daniel Haskell, (1778 – 1872) The inscription on his tombstone states that he died of “senile debility.”
- Daniel Haskell Jr. The Massachusetts Annual Report of Various Public Officers and Institutions for the year 1864 lists him as an inmate at the Ipswich Receptacle for the Insane, age 56. He died two years later and his tombstone is at the Old North Burying Ground.
Ipswich maps show that the house was owned in 1856 by D. Haskell. In the 1910 map it was owned by Mrs. F.G. Ross and the site had acquired four barns.