At 8 Kimball Avenue is a house that once sat at Lords Square, owned by W. B. Richards. The 1911 Town Report lists him as an assessor. Harold Bowen wrote in “Tales of Olde Ipswich” that there was a store at this location as well, owned by the Richards family.
The house appears in the 1910 Ipswich map, but not in the 1893 Birdeye map. In 1940 the home was moved over the High Street bridge to 8 Kimball Avenue where it still stands today, and Mutual built a new service station which now houses Tick’s Auto Service.