The 1910 Ipswich map shows the owner of the house at 87 Central Street as”Misses Peatsfield.” The Ipswich Ipswich accessors site shows the date of construction as circa 1900, but the house is shown in the 1893 Birdseye map of Ipswich. The house is almost identical in construction to the house at 89 Central Street, which is shown in the 1884 Ipswich map.
Today’s favorite posts
- The Great Dying 1616-1619, "By God’s visitation, a wonderful plague"
- Painting your historic house, a guide to colors and color schemes
- Resources for local Native American history and dialects
- Native Americans of the North shore
- Norman Rockwell Depicted an Idealized Version of American Thanksgiving
- The "Hum"
- Historic homes and scenic landscapes
- Settlers and early inhabitants of Ipswich
- Historic houses of Ipswich
- Ipswich and the Salem witchcraft trials