91 Central Street, the Sylvanius and Mary Canney house (c 1866)

91 Central Street

91 Central Street

The house at this location first appears in the 1872 Ipswich map under the name “S. F. Canney.” Sylvanius F. Canney purchased the lot in 1866, and sold the house and land to Israel Jewett in 1869.  (Salem Deeds Book 765 & page 235). However, the 1884 and 1910 Ipswich maps again show the owner as S.F. Canney. The wing on the right is shown in the 1893 Birdseye Map of Ipswich.