The land in the vicinity of 315 High Street was owned by the Jewett family since it was purchased by Captain Moses Jewett in the third quarter of the 18th century. Olive Jewett married Captain George W. Howe of Rowley on November 26,  1835 and Captain Howe built upon the lot.  He conveyed this house on May 18, 1858 to his sister Apphia Jewett. At her death, the house and land was sold and passed through several hands to Deacon Amos Everett Jewett, whose home stands next door.

Read:

Apphia Jewett house, 315 High St., Ipswich Ma