This house at 40 North Main Street is across from Meeting House Green, and was built in 1825. It has served as a general store and is now is residential. We find it listed as both the “Captain James Brewer house” and the “John Brewer house” but have no information about either.


The  house is also named after John Brewer who operated a store in the building.