The Charles Kimball house at 18 North Main Street in Ipswich was built in 1834. Charles Kimball attained honor as a colonel of the militia, a distinguished probate lawyer, and deacon of the Church. He was one of the original trustees of the Ipswich Female Seminary. The house shares a subdued Greek Revival style with the Stephen Coburn house next door. It is remembered as the home of the Manning School master.
Historic Ipswich is published by the Town Historian for the Historical Commission and Department of ReCreation and Culture. Thanks to the many content contributors, and to Al Boynton for providing the URL.