The E. H. Martin house originally faced Central Street. It was moved back one lot and turned to face Manning St. This photo was taken from the old Winthrop School before the Central Street fire station was constructed (1906). Much of the block across Central Street burned in a 1894 fire. The large Currier house behind the Martin house is now part of Oak Hill apartments. Photo credit: Ipswich Museum, developed by David Stoney Stone from a glass plate negative given to the Ipswich Museum by Jean Engel.