Susan Nelson’s detailed listing for the Ipswich Historical Commission is the source of much of the information for dates and descriptions of the houses listed below. Historical information comes primarily from Ipswich In The Massachusetts Bay Colony by Thomas Franklin Waters, volumes I and II. Click on the names or images to read the histories of the houses listed below.
- Email Gordon Harris at email@example.com with your additions or corrections for this site.
- Houses names are the first owner or a person who lived in them.
- Street addresses are listed numerically by the first digit. (For example, 9 High Street follows 89 High Street).
- 6 Agawam Avenue, the Augustine Carey – Captain John Hobbs house (1855)
- 8 Agawam Avenue, the Newmarch – Spiller house (1798)