- Susan Nelson’s detailed listing of First and Second Period houses in Ipswich for the Ipswich Historical Commission
- Margaret E. Welden, Ipswich Historical Commission, historic house inventories, 1978.
- Partial List of Historic Buildings in Ipswich, MA, compiled 2006 by Susan Nelson, Goodship Research. (PDF download)
- Ipswich In The Massachusetts Bay Colony by Thomas Franklin Waters, volumes I and II.
- MACRIS, the Massachusetts Historical Commission site
Click on the names or images to read the histories of the houses listed.
- Email Gordon Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org with your additions or corrections for this site.
- Houses names are the first owner or a person who lived in them.
- Street addresses are listed numerically by the first digit. (For example, 9 High Street follows 89 High Street).
- 6 Agawam Avenue, the Augustine Carey – Captain John Hobbs house (1855)
- 8 Agawam Avenue, the Newmarch – Spiller house (1798)