Search houses by historic district or street address. Information is from “Ipswich in the Massachusetts Bay Colony,” by Thomas Franklin Waters; Susan Nelson’s inventory for the Ipswich Historical Commission; and the Ipswich inventory on the MACRIS site.
Click on the names or images to read the histories of the houses listed.
- View this list without photos.
- Email Gordon Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org with your additions or corrections for this site.
- Houses names are the first owner or a person who lived in them.
- Street addresses are listed alphabetically by the first digit. (For example, 9 High Street follows 89 High Street).
View houses by historic districts and neighborhoods
- Architectural Preservation District
- Meetinghouse Green Historic District
- East End Historic District
- High St. Historic District
- South Green Historic District
- Ipswich Mills and Brown Mills Historic Districts
- Linebrook Parish
- Ipswich Village
- Susan Nelson’s detailed listing of First and Second Period houses in Ipswich for the Ipswich Historical Commission
- Margaret E. Welden, Ipswich Historical Commission, historic house inventories, 1978.
- Partial List of Historic Buildings in Ipswich, MA, compiled 2006 by Susan Nelson, Goodship Research. (PDF download)
- Ipswich In The Massachusetts Bay Colony by Thomas Franklin Waters, volumes I and II.
- MACRIS, the Massachusetts Historical Commission site