Search houses by historic district or street address. Information is from “Ipswich in the Massachusetts Bay Colony,” by Thomas Franklin Waters; Susan Nelson’s inventory for the Ipswich Historical Commission; and the Ipswich inventory on the MACRIS site. Photos are primarily from the Ipswich Patriot Properties site. Photos of First Period and covenanted houses are by Johanne Cassia for the Ipswich Historical Commission.
Click on the names or images to read the histories of the houses listed.
- View this list without photos.
- Email Gordon Harris at email@example.com with your additions or corrections for this site.
- Houses names are the first owner or a person who lived in them.
- Street addresses are listed alphabetically by the first digit. (For example, 9 High Street follows 89 High Street).
View houses by historic districts and neighborhoods
- Architectural Preservation District
- Meetinghouse Green Historic District
- East End Historic District
- High St. Historic District
- South Green Historic District
- Ipswich Mills and Brown Mills Historic Districts
- Linebrook Parish
- Ipswich Village
- Susan Nelson’s detailed listing of First and Second Period houses in Ipswich for the Ipswich Historical Commission
- Margaret E. Welden, Ipswich Historical Commission, historic house inventories, 1978.
- Partial List of Historic Buildings in Ipswich, MA, compiled 2006 by Susan Nelson, Goodship Research. (PDF download)
- Ipswich In The Massachusetts Bay Colony by Thomas Franklin Waters, volumes I and II.
- MACRIS, the Massachusetts Historical Commission site