In 1872 Mrs. Mary J. Hayes, wife or widow of Smith Hayes, mortgaged this property to the Ipswich Savings Bank. Thomas Sweet sold the lot at 22 East St. to Moses A. Fellows and Sarah G. Hodgkins on May 9, 1873 (936:1). Fellows is believed to have built the present house shortly thereafter.
Fellows owned a lumber yard on Water Street. At 80 years old, he retired as a farmer at this address. The estate of Moses A. Fellows sold the house to Marion Fuller in 1915.
This house is an example of the Italianate style, with eave brackets, channeled pilasters at the corners, and “ankled” architraves over the windows.