Moses Jewett was born in Ipswich, Mass., March 15, 1778 to John Cole Jewett and Elizabeth Smith, whose home stands at 93 High Street. He married April 17, 1798, Abigail Pearson , who was born in Ipswich Feb. 23, 1780. She died in Ipswich, Aug. 4, 1836, age 56. Mr. Jewett died in Ipswich April 4, 1849, age 71. Their children born in Ipswich were
- Joseph, Mark Richards
- Moses (born Oct. 23, 1802 who died on his way home from California)
- Nathan Pearson
- Sewell, who built the home at #87 High Street.
- Lucy Mary
This house first appears in the 1832 Philander map of Ipswich. The neighboring John Jewett Cole house at 93 High Street was built about 20 years earlier.
- The Hammatt Papers
- Ipswich in the Massachusetts Bay Colony
- History and genealogy of the Jewetts of America
- Partial List of Historic Houses in Ipswich, by Sue Nelson for the Ipswich Historical Commission (PDF download).
- 1832 Philander map of Ipswich.