The Ipswich database tells us the house at 16 Summer St. was built between 1845 and 1856 by Nathaniel Treadwell. There were many Nathaniel Treadwells in Ipswich, dating back to the 17th Century, and the Treadwell family is quite prominent in the history of our town. Two of the early Nathaniel Treadwells ran popular inns on North Main Street, and another was lost at sea.
We know that the house stayed in the Treadwell family until the 20th Century. The Ipswich Village 1856 map shows the house is owned by N. Treadwell, and in 1872 the house belongs to W. Treadwell. Photos below are provided by the Ipswich Museum.